In lockdown last year we started up a ‘Mojo Monday’ get together over Zoom. We discovered quite a few interesting things including:
- We have quite many equestrian acquaintances but not so many people that we felt we could pick up the phone and talk to.
- As a group we had a lot of experience, knowledge and equestrian understanding that was well worth sharing.
- We had a variety of reasons for going out to competitions, but one of this top ones was the social effect.
- Pivo cameras aren’t an easy ‘self-schooling’ option!
- Having a coach with you helps with confidence and focus (even when we actually have a good idea of what we are doing).
- Zoom means we are not restricted by geography!
…and that’s just for starters.
I was recently asked if we were going to do the Monday Mojos again to help each other to get through these miserable dark evenings. It seems like a good idea: I don’t know about you, but once we pass the shortest day, get through Christmas and emerge into a new year, it always feels as if things should improve. Our New Year resolutions, the lighter evenings, the weather…. And, as I sit here writing this at 4pm on 6th January 2022 it is almost dark, the rain is hammering against the window and I’ve had to warm up a bean bag to keep my toes from getting frostbite. The horses will be out in the rain with their backs to the wind and probably sulking even when I head down to see them in the next hour. So, the disappointment of the new year hits soon and it hits hard (So here is a nice warm looking picture!)
We will be getting together for some more informal chats over Zoom on Monday 24th January at 7pm (BD rules and regs and when is a dressage 7 not a 7?!); Monday 21st February (7pm again, ‘Why is suppleness so important and how do we get it?) and finally Monday 21st March when we’ll have a quiz. Everyone submits a couple of questions and then we all answer all but our own!
I am there to be admin and facilitator but I’m not going to provide lectures! It would be lovely to see what everyone brings to the table this time.
See you there!